Mulaquat 😊 When heart seeks it gets!


Mulaquat 😊 When heart seeks it gets!


        
Encounters of the strange kind ends up in lot of kindness!
Strange meeting with a stranger gives so much meaning to the service rendered selflessly. Railway station platforms can be one of those places you strike good conversation but its limited. I  met this girl in the picture below on one of those days after a busy day at V Care. This  girl was a patient, I couldn’t remember her.  That’s why this is more important.



She casually asked me if the train goes to Kharghar, probably to break the ice, both of us climbed into the train and sat opposite to each other. This girl started telling me that she enjoyed the trip to Shirdi Baba temple in Navi Mumbai organized by VCare in Feb 2017,  her experiences with VCare and so on and so forth. She was quite excited on this chance meeting, happily mentioned that she had always wanted to talk to me whenever she saw me  in the hospital, according to her today her dream came true. Knowing me  and my enthusiasm to help, talk and listen to patients I started talking to her., both of us got engrossed in  deep conversation, fellow travelers in the entire compartment got interested in our conversation I could see they were empathizing.
 This is a very insightful for each of us volunteers, to understand the deep impact. First, the girl didn’t expect that her yearning to talk to me would come true, second, leave alone talking to me, traveling with me in the same train sitting opposite to each other, clearing all her apprehensions about the dreadful disease and the other aspects related to it. This may sound as one of the incidents in our life, but it is  incident a memorable experience both of our life. This is such a happy moment of truth in our life.
Third, the co-passengers were  benefitedd by their conversation, I am sure at least 5 out of the 50 would have passed on this to their circle of friends and 5 would have browsed to know about the disease and few more would have gone ahead to share this in their FB page. Well, this may be a wild assumption! But it can happen.
Finally, I hope this gives a lot of encouragement to aspiring volunteers, and the current volunteers to pull their socks up and reach out to people particularly women and speak out about self-examination for breast cancer, also speak about do’s and don’ts, symptoms for lung cancer probing very casually if anyone smokes at home. If WE CARE, we absolutely will spread a word about V Care and its services to people on these lines.
  Leading a self-proposed campaign is the best way to create awareness. It comes easily to us.  a step at a time makes the distance shorter. Lead yourself like a leader, you will win hearts and make a difference to the world we live in.
Vandana Gupta


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From No where to now here! Just one step

Happiness and Joy Rejuvenates Health , Hope and Faith.